The grapefruit itself, believed to be a natural hybrid of the sweet orange and pomelo, originated in the West Indies. The fruit gained widespread recognition because of its refreshing aroma and slowly found its way into fragrances, soaps, and other personal care products. In the field of Aromatherapy, grapefruit essential oil gained popularity because of its ability to promote mental clarity, revitalize the senses, and support a positive mood.
Scientific Name: Citrus paradisi
Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Citrus rind (peel)
Odor Strength: Medium - strong
Aroma: Citrusy, tangy and sweet
Consistency: Thin to medium
Color: Pale yellow
Stimulates nervous system
Known to act as a nervous system stimulant to reduce nervous exhaustion, suppress anxiety and improve mood & energy
Helps balance oily complexion and reduce the appearance of blemishes and acne
It helps smooth the skin by reducing the appearance of cellulite, while also reduces toxin buildup by acting as a detoxifier.
Helps reduces discomforts caused by muscle stiffness, menstrual cramps and headache by improving circulation
Ways to use
Grapefruit essential oil helps tone the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite
Combine 1-2 drops of grapefruit essential oil with 1 tbsp of coconut oil or almond oil
Massage it on your body to manage cellulite.
Diffuse the aroma of grapefruit essential oil to boost energy and improve mood
Fill essential oil diffuser with water
Add a few drops of the grapefruit essential oil
Switch on the diffuser and relax
Inhale the grapefruit fragrance to overcome the effects of hangover.
Boil some water in a pan
Add few drops of grapefruit essential oil to the water
Recommended Essential Oil Blends:
Recommended Carrier oils:
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, and sensitive areas.
- Never apply essential oils to the skin or scalp directly. It is highly recommended to dilute the oil using a carrier oil to avoid skin irritation.
- Never intake essential oils orally.
- Do a patch test before topical use to make sure there are no allergic reactions to any essential oil.
- If you are pregnant, nursing or taking medication; consult a physician before use.
- Keep away from pets and children