“Deck the halls with boughs of holly and ‘tis the season to be jolly”. Yes, Christmas bells are ringing and everyone is busy with parties, shopping, and festivities.
While getting caught up in all this holiday excitement and frenzy, one must not forget to take some time off and care for themselves.
We are here with some tips and ideas to relax and de-stress through aromatherapy and pamper yourself with a selection of natural products. Get revitalized and energized and step into the New Year for a “Fresh” start (quite literally).
1. Relaxing essential Oil Massage and warm bath:
Massage therapy itself is known to be an effective way to relieve stress and tension, and the addition of essential oils can enhance this effect.
Dilute a few drops of essential oil using a carrier oil. This mixture when massaged on the skin is said to increase the blood circulation, relax muscles, and relieve pain. Areas on the body that have sweat glands and hair follicles are said to absorb the oil well.
Best essential oils for massage
- A blend of Frankincense and lavender oil work well for relaxing and rejuvenating effects on the body. This blend helps relieve stress and anxiety while boosting your immunity. Lavender is specially known for its effectiveness in promoting sleep and boosting stamina and energy levels
- Peppermint oil helps to improve blood circulation and relieve headaches and joint pains
Eucalyptus oil helps to reduce inflammation and relieves muscle & joint pains
- Geranium in addition to providing a soothing flowery fragrance also improves circulation and stimulates the nervous system.
Dilute the essential oil using Carrier oils like Almond oil, Jojoba oil or Coconut oil and use the mixture to massage all over your body. Massage the oil on your hands, legs and body with smooth long strokes or circular motion for as long as you want and then relax so that the oil absorbs into your skin. Cotton pads soaked with Rose water can be placed below the eyes to reduce dark circles. For added benefits, a few drops of essential oil can be added to your warm bath. Relax and enjoy the warm refreshing bath. After a few minutes, wash yourself with a natural soap like Aloe vera soap or Multani mitti soap. Follow up with a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
2. Topical use of essential oils for all day revitalization and healthy skin
Essential oils can be used topically when diluted with cream or aloe vera gel. Essential oils added to your daily moisturizer or cream will provide all day freshness and hydration to your skin especially during the dry winter months.
Aloe vera gel is completely natural and in combination with essential oils it offers a wide range of benefits to your skin. Essential oils have anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that can effectively treat skin problems like acne, redness, swelling etc.
Best essential oils for topical application
- Lavender and Chamomile essential oils are perfect for topical application because of their calming and soothing properties.
- Tea tree essential oil has anti inflammatory and antimicrobial properties making it an effective option to treat skin conditions when applied with a cream.
- A blend of tea tree oil and lavender oil diluted using aloe vera gel can be your go to choice for all day revitalization and healthy skin.
Dilute a few drops of essential oil in a small amount of cream or aloe vera gel and use it after bath on a daily basis to enjoy the benefits. Use gentle circular motion on the skin to apply the essential oil cream mixture. It is good to do a patch test on a small area to check for any allergic reactions. Essential oils are highly concentrated so never apply essential oils to skin without diluting it with cream or carrier oil.
Essential oil scented Roll on perfumes made from natural ingredients are a good replacement for artificial chemical based perfumes. It is also a convenient way to enjoy the benefits of essential oils throughout the day.
Best roll on perfume fragrances
- Lavender essential oil is great for use in perfumes as it has a calming and soothing scent.
- Bergamot essential oil has a citrusy and fresh scent which enhances energy and mood
- Ylang-ylang essential oil has a floral and sweet scent, making it great for use in perfumes for ladies.
- Patchouli essential oil has a musky and earthy scent and produces a soothing and calming aroma.
- Peppermint essential oil has a refreshing and energizing aroma.
3. Essential oil Diffuser to purify and refresh the air in your space
Aromatherapy diffusers are not limited to a spa, salon, yoga studio or meditation center anymore. A diffuser can be used at home to disperse essential oils into the air as a fine mist or vapor allowing the aroma to fill the room and add freshness to air. The essential oil in the air when inhaled, helps enhance the physical, emotional and mental wellbeing of a person. Essential oil diffusers are the best alternatives to synthetic air fresheners.
Best essential oils for aromatherapy
Lavender and rose have pleasant floral aromas that relieve stress and anxiety.
- Sandalwood has an earthy aroma that promotes relaxation and reduces tension.
Eucalyptus is ideal for a peaceful sleep as it is said to clear sinus and improve respiratory function.
- Peppermint has a refreshing aroma that helps improve concentration and focus.
- Lemon has a refreshing aroma that helps uplift mood and increase energy
Nag champa has a floral as well as woody aroma because it is the combination of sandalwood and frangipani fragrances. Nag champa is known as the sacred fragrance and is widely used for spiritual cleansing and religious rituals.
- Frankincense has a woody aroma and are often used for meditation and spiritual practices.
Cedar has a woody and earthy aroma that is used to purify and cleanse a space
4. Natural care for lustrous hair
Give you hair and scalp the best hair spa while you are at home. Including essential oils to your hair oil and shampoo can be calming, soothing and healthy for your hair and scalp. They help improve blood circulation to the scalp, keep the scalp clean & healthy, unclog hair follicles and promote hair growth.
Best essential oils for hair care
Rosemary oil promotes a healthy scalp and stimulates hair growth
Lavender oil in addition to its calming effect, reduces the dryness of scalp
Peppermint oil stimulates the scalp, promotes hair growth and reduces dandruff
Tea tree oils is know for its antimicrobial properties and can be use to treat a variety of scalp related issues.
Essential oils have to be diluted with a carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil before applying it to the hair and scalp.
Use a herbal hair wash powder or natural shampoo like neem shampoo or oatmeal shampoo to wash your hair so that the benefits of essential oils are not washed away by the harsh chemicals in synthetic shampoos.
Use of Herbal hair wash powder made of natural herbs is a traditional Ayurvedic hair care practice. The hair wash powder is effective in nourishing and conditioning the hair.
For healthy hair and scalp, groom your hair daily using a Neem comb. Neem comb is made of wood from the neem tree and is 100% biodegradable. Neem comb has antimicrobial properties and is ideal for all hair types. Regular use of neem comb helps combat hair fall, scalp irritation, dandruff and improves blood circulation in the scalp.
5. Nourish your skin with an organic cleanser, face pack and natural soaps
Natural Cleanser and face pack can be used for healthy and glowing skin.
A homemade cleanser can be made using oatmeal powder, honey and water. Oatmeal acts as a gentle cleanser and Honey has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
A face pack made of multani mitti and rose water is ideal for those with oily skin and prone to acne breakouts. Multani mitti powder also known as fullers earth is a type of clay that is used in natural skin care products. It is widely known for its ability to absorb oil and impurities. Honey or yogurt can be included in the pack for extra nourishment and hydration.
Use this pack in moderation as overuse may cause dryness.
Moisturize and soothe your skin daily with natural Aloe vera soap. It has antibacterial properties and is ideal for sensitive and acne prone skin.
6. Oral hygiene for healthy internal organs
Mouth is said to be the gateway to a healthy body. According to Ayurveda, maintaining good oral health ensures overall health of a person. Since time immemorial doctors check a person's tongue to access their general health.
Copper tongue cleaner is a popular oral hygiene tool that has been used for centuries in various cultures around the world. They are designed to help remove bacteria and debris from the surface of the tongue, which can improve oral hygiene and freshen breath. All tongue cleaners help remove debris from the tongue but the main benefit of using a copper tongue cleaner is that copper is inherently antimicrobial. It can effectively remove bad bacteria from the tongue and improve taste and oral health. In addition to its antimicrobial properties, copper is also soft, flexible and easy to maintain. A Copper tongue cleaner can be used daily as part of your regular oral hygiene routine.
Natural products are safe for you and the environment
With the new year approaching, why not take a resolution to switch to 100 % natural beauty and wellness products. Natural products are not only eco-friendly but also allow us to reap health benefits in the long run. Choose natural products and open the gateway to a healthy living.
Checkout our 100% natural products at incensesticks.com