A Complete guide to Natural Roll-On Perfumes
Perfumes are the Ultimate invisible accessories that complement your style and personality
Perfumes have become an indispensable part of grooming and are also seen as an extension of one's personality. Choosing a perfume can be a very personal and subjective experience, and the scent that one wears can say a lot about their taste, preferences and style. Gone are the days when perfume was merely used to mask body odors. It is now considered as a form of self-expression to set a desired mood or tone and feel more confident and complete.
Millennials are often seen to drive the trends in the beauty and wellness industry. Customers are becoming more conscious about the ingredients in the products they use on a daily basis. When it comes to skin care products and perfumes, People are looking for more natural and organic options, and may be more likely to seek out brands that use sustainable and ethically-sourced ingredients.
Synthetic perfumes come in exotic fragrances and make people feel good wearing them but at what cost? There are several health risks and environmental concerns associated with the use of synthetic perfumes on a daily basis. Natural essential oil based Roll On Perfumes on the other hand are completely free of toxic chemicals and are safe for people and the environment. They are compact aromatherapy accessories that offer therapeutic benefits on the go.
Did you know the use of perfumes and aromatic substances dates back to the ancient civilizations of Egyptians, Persians, Greeks and Indians?
These early liquid aromatics were made from completely natural aromatic substances such as extracts from flowers, leaves, spices, resins etc. that were diluted in oils. These oils were then applied by humans to their body and hair. A Persian physician named Abi Ali al Sina was the first to use distillation methods to extract aromatic substances or essential oils from flowers.
The earliest references of perfume making dates back to the 6th century. “Attar” or “ Ittar” is an ancient perfume which is still manufactured and used in India. Attar originated in Persia and in Arabic “attar” means “perfume”. In many societies attar is considered to ward off evil spirits and aid people in their journey towards enlightenment.
The modern day natural roll-on perfumes are very much similar to these ancient perfumes. Natural Roll on perfumes are a mix of essential oils, herbs and carrier oils. In addition to the amazing fragrance, these perfumes are known to offer therapeutic benefits to one’s mind and body. Roll-on perfumes are gaining popularity because of the natural benefits, portability, and ease of use.
Ingredients used in natural roll-on perfumes:
Plants have been used in perfumery since time immemorial as the main source of essential oils and aromatic compounds. Different plant parts are used to derive essential oils, resins, waxes, aromatic compounds, carrier oils and natural preservatives which form the basic ingredients of a natural perfume. Carrier oils like jojoba oil, coconut oil or almond oil help in diluting the highly concentrated Essential oils. Natural preservatives like plant based vitamin E and grapefruit seed extract help in extending the shelf life of the natural roll on perfumes.
Different plant parts that are used in extracting essential oils and aromatic components are flowers, barks, seeds, roots, wood, leaves, fruits, resins, etc. Natural sources other than plants include lichens and seaweeds.
Natural perfume fragrances derived from plant parts
- Fragrance from the bark - Inner bark of the Cinnamon tree is used in perfumery for its unique warm touch.
- Fragrance from the Leaves - Commonly used leaves in perfumery are Lavender, Patchouli, Rosemary, Citrus.
- Fragrance from Flowers - Flowers are the most common and sought after source of perfume aromatics. Flowers like Jasmine, Rose, Geranium, ylang-ylang, Mogra etc. are commonly used in perfumery. Even the blossoms of a citrus plant are used to produce aromatics.
- Fragrance from Seeds - Carrot seed, cocoa, nutmeg, anise, cardamom are some of the seed varieties used in perfumery
- Fragrance from Roots - Vetiver roots and Rhizomes of ginger are used in perfumery
- Fragrance from Wood - Wood oil are indispensable in perfumery and commonly used woods include sandalwood, Cedar, Juniper, Birch etc.
- Fragrance from Fruits - The most commonly used fruits like lemon, orange, grapefruit in perfumery yield their aromatics from the rind.
- Fragrance from Resins - resins that are commonly used in perfumery are Frankincense, Myrrh, Pine, Fir.
How to choose the right natural roll-on perfume ?
Choice of natural perfumes can depend on personal preferences, skin type, occasion, and the therapeutic value it offers.
Based on skin type
There are a wide variety of natural roll on perfumes that suit a normal skin but for dry, sensitive or oily skin it is better to make specific choices.
- For Dry skin, it is wise to choose a roll on perfume with a carrier oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil that will help nourish and moisturize your skin. Floral scents like Rose or Lavender are soothing for dry skin.
- For oily skin, a roll on perfume made from astringent essential oils like tea tree oil or lemon oil help in balancing the excess oil secretion. Citrus scents like lemon or orange are refreshing for oily skin.
- For sensitive skin, fragrances like lavender, Chamomile and Frankincense are the best choice as they are gentle on the skin.
Based on season
In fall a warm and spicy fragrance like Cinnamon, clove or ginger is an ideal choice.
Rich, warm and woody fragrances like Cedarwood or Sandalwood provide comfort during the cold winter months. Spring is all about Subtle and refreshing floral scents like Jasmine, Rose or lavender. Light and fresh scents that are not too overpowering is an ideal choice in the summer heat. Mild floral scents like lily and citrus scents like lemon, orange or grapefruit are the favorites during summer.
Based on occasion
Special occasions call for a choice that is more luxurious and sophisticated. Rich floral scents like Jasmine, Mogra, Geranium or Rose and warm spicy scents like cinnamon or clove are the perfect choice. A party night out calls for a more bold choice like vanilla or amber.
Based on gender:
- Alluring Floral Fragrances for Her: Jasmine is a floral aroma that makes you stand out from the crowd. Refreshing and alluring scents like Mogra and Rose enhance your mood and help you relax.
- Grounding & Calming Musky Fragrances for Him: Cedarwood and Patchouli have a musky scent that is grounding and calming..
- Gender neutral fragrances to keep away from body odor: The fresh citrus fragrances are ideal for daily use. Sandalwood's warm woody scent promotes well being.
Based on therapeutic benefits:
Most natural perfumes offer therapeutic benefits but listed below are few hand-picked fragrances that are sensational and unique.
Lavender is the most commonly used floral scent that creates an aura of happiness.
Neroli is a vibrant and enchanting fragrance for both men and women that helps in calming and relaxing the mind.
Geranium has a nostalgic mix of floral, citrus,and herbal scent that reminds us of our grandmother’s garden. It helps in reducing stress, anxiety and fatigue.
Storing and using natural roll-on perfumes:
Roll-on perfumes come in a small bottle with a roller ball at the top. The perfume can be applied directly to the skin. To use a roll-on perfume, you simply roll the ball over your pulse points, such as your wrists, neck, and behind your ears.
The roller ball helps to distribute the scent evenly without the need for a spray nozzle. Roll-on perfumes are often more convenient to use than traditional perfumes because they are small and portable.
Depending on the strength of the perfume you may need to reapply the perfume to maintain the desired level of scent. It is generally best to limit yourself to one or two applications per day to avoid overloading your senses.
Roll-on perfumes should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Avoid storing them in the bathroom or other humid areas.
- Avoid storing the roll-on perfume in extremely cold or hot environments, as extreme temperatures can alter the scent.
This DIY roll-on perfume will last for several months if stored in a cool, dark place. Experiment and customize the scent based on your choice of essential oils that usually blend well together. Try to create your own unique blend of fragrances
Note: Always do a patch test before using the natural perfumes. Some people may have allergic reactions to certain types of essential oils.
All Roll on perfumes at incensesticks.com are 100% natural made from purest herbal ingredients and finest essential oils. Revive your personality and bring freshness into your life.
With natural roll-on perfumes, experience the power of nature all day long. Natural hand made roll-on perfumes make a thoughtful and practical gift to friends and family.
Perfumes are the best finishing touch to any outfit. Good fragrances are an amalgamation of memories and emotions. They are the first thing that touches the heart and the last thing that lingers in the memory.